Monday, July 13, 2020

Fur Kids ....aka Pets

This is Hiekka.  
Looks all sweet and innocent doesn't he?
That's because he's sleeping. ðŸĪ”😂

Not that he can't be sweet. When he's in the mood to cuddle he's the sweetest love bug. ðŸ˜ŧ
Unfortunately for us, he's usually either sleeping or ornery.  Cuddly is rare. 😞

As I'm typing this I'm perched on the edge of the loveseat while he's holed up behind the TV.  
He REALLY wants on the mantle, and I REALLY  won't let him do it.  If I sit here long enough he'll come out and I can gently toss him outside until his pupils are normal size again. 👀

Yeah, the puss n boots big eye thing.....
It's not cute on Hiekka.  
It's a sure sign something is going to get knocked over or broke. ðŸ’Ĩ

Try tiring him out with toys.....
Feather toys to chase, tinsel balls, jingle balls, a mouse in a cage that squeaks when you roll it. 
But his favorite toys are the things he's not supposed to touch. Pets are a lot like kids. If they're not supposed to do it,  they want to even more. 
That's why cats hate closed doors. If the door is shut something good must be in there. ðŸĪŠ

I think Hiekka's problem is that he never grew out of the kitten stage. He's 4 years old and still the baby. Not the youngest, that would be 3 year old Tigger,  but definitely the baby at heart. Bill Dear picked him up for me as a birthday gift,  he was either dumped or wandered from his mama. His eyes were still blue,  couldn't tell what gender he was yet, luckily he could eat soft food on his own. 🐈

And he's still that little playful kitten. He'll be 15 years old still trying to knock our stuff off the mantle. ðŸ˜ļ

Just got up to let the dog in, finished my coffee, Hiekka pops his little head around the corner of the TV to see where I am,  and now he's sleeping.  I think......ðŸĪ”

Coast is clear to get something done! 
Woohoo!😚

And yes, this is pretty much an every day occurrence with Hiekka and I still wouldn't trade that cute little face for anything. ðŸ˜―

1 comment: