I'm watching others share every thought and emotion and I'm finding myself wanting more and more to just give mine to God.
Oh I'm not judging you, you do you.
I'm just observing and for myself...I'm finding that sharing invites trouble. It invites people to give opinions, to take their frustrations out on you, to interpret your sharing as an invitation to tell you what to do.
Moreover, they get caught up in it.
People love being distracted from their own problems.
They also love feeling superior.
Yes, most people just want to help, and for better or worse they are trying to help.
But....they're also fulfilling a need in themselves. Not always, but I'm seeing it more and more, especially with the younger generations.
They're not trying to be self centered, but they're so excited and flustered to be interacting with someone on an emotional level that they get caught up in their own needs ahead of the person they're helping.
And it happens to the best of us so I'm not judging. I am however, working on policing that trait in myself.
And part of policing it, is being careful who I share with.
Honestly, who better to share with than God?
Another thought, in line with this....
We share, we talk, we give opinions...but we rarely fully understand a given situation.
Even if we have most of the information, we don't have all of it.
There are pieces of perspective missing, emotions and thoughts that we can't possibly know.
So no matter how much we want to help someone through a problem...we can only give a best estimate based on limited information.
God knows all.
He is my best advisor, my best companion, my best therapist.
And it's not that I don't want friends or help nor advice.
It's that I'm realizing more and more that I have a need to rely on God.
It's a part of my walk..
That's all I know.
Like right now.
Bill Dear is sick, I'm trying to be quiet because he was up most of the night.
Our oldest cat has dental problems and he needs a vet but we don't have the money because Bill hasn't worked in 2 weeks and counting.
I'm having serious shoulder and neck issues due to a car accident back in June.
(And please, if you're in an accident and have ANY pain, even if you think it's just muscle pain, get seen!)
I miss my dog, I miss my sister in law, and I'm wondering who this year will take from us.
We know so many people going through various kinds of hard time, so many prayers.
And even that isn't an accurate representation of our life right now.
The worry, the helplessness, the praying, the wishing that we could do more while knowing if we were supposed to, God would have provided a way.
And all our problems come back to faith.
Faith that God knows, that he provides, and that the people and circumstances are there for a reason.
It's not all bad. Not even half.
Thanks to him not working we've had an amazing amount of time together.
We've had opportunities to share faith, love, hope, joy, sorrow. Building onto 22 years of marriage.
I managed to get some things done around the house, we did get to see/help a few people with what limited resources we have, and God has provided for us.
My cats have been more attentive lately and even though I know it's partly the weather, partly because with the dog gone the hierarchy has changed, and partly just because I've been sitting more due to the additional pain.....it's still nice.
Life is good, despite the bad....in part because of the bad....life is good.
I wouldn't be able to appreciate the good stuff as much if it wasn't for the bad reminding me it could be worse.
And that's it, my thoughts for the day.
Faith, love, hope, joy......
In spite of and thanks to the pain.
God is always good, and we are always blessed. God's grace makes sure of that.
😊
No comments:
Post a Comment