Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Painting day

Bill Dear is still not working.πŸ˜•
 Thanks to all the snow the ground is soaked. πŸ’§
So he's home, and I'm in a mood. πŸ€ͺ
This could have gone horribly. 😬

Lucky for us, it didn't.  ☺️

Yesterday I moved the dining table.  Literally just turned it lengthwise. It "should" have taken up more room and  somehow managed to make some room. πŸ€”
So of course I had to turn the rug too. And the placemats. Which gave me a great idea....πŸ’‘
We have candle sconces above the table but never light the candles because,  well, they don't stay upright very well and fire bad...πŸ”₯
So I looked into it and found led tapered candles.  They're bright, they flicker like real flame, and they have a timer! ⏱

Yay for ideas!  πŸ˜„

I admit, I really wanted Bill Dear to move the living room around for me, but he wasn't in the mood, and until I'm sure exactly where I want things...  it's probably best to wait.πŸ™„

I had a krick in my neck the whole day yesterday and it was kind of hard to focus on moving furniture anyway. 🀷‍♀️

Today,  well today went almost exactly as planned. πŸ™‚
I painted the inside of the cabinets over the stove.  Why? πŸ€”
That's why.  😢

I know, it's been 2 years, and I painted the whole kitchen last year,  why didn't I do it then?🀷‍♀️

Cause I never really noticed. Honestly. I didn't actually notice until around Christmas when I was doing all my baking and it finally caught my attention. 😱

Oh, my, it was nasty. The people who lived here before had roaches,  whose little dead bodies I found under the old contact paper. 🀒
The horrid, weird shaded blue paper with odd little "I wish I was a flower" pattern. Under that, red checked contact paper.....🀦‍♀️
Okay, I can do this. 🀨

So I painted the cabinets, removed the blue paper,  painted over the checked paper,  and then remembered I had some woodgrain paper left over from one of last years projects. πŸ˜„
I only had enough to do the lower shelf,  but seriously,  if you're...

1: tall enough to see up that high 
2: nosing around in my cabinets....
You get what you get. 😁

And! 
I managed to get this all done amidst a wonderful stabbing pain in my back.πŸ˜–
I don't enjoy pain but I refuse to let it stop me either. Life doesn't stop because I'm hurting. And sure enough, it subsided after a little while.  It's learning how stubborn I can be πŸ˜‰πŸ€”πŸ˜„πŸ€·‍♀️

Now I get to rest and relax until dinnertime.  😊

God bless. 









No comments:

Post a Comment