Monday, January 25, 2021

Testimony


God wanted us in church. 
God wanted us in this church. 
God has his reasons for everything. 

Pastor Chad said yesterday...
If it makes you afraid it's probably God.  
Meaning: If you get a burden on your heart to do something,  say something,  call someone.....etc.....and you're doubting yourself,  if you need God's strength to do it....
He's telling you to do it. 

He doesn't keep you in your comfort zone because it doesn't allow room for growth.  
Once you tell God  "I'm yours, do with me as you wish" he will do just that. 
And it will require you to face things your not confident in.  
Public speaking, getting on a plane or boat, calling that relative you haven't seen in years. 

I know because God is calling me to give testimony.  I'm supposed to get up in front of a church full of people I'm still getting to know,  and tell them something that fits lock and key with Pastor Chad has been preaching. 

God has a message for this church,  for its members.  And I'm nervous as all heck. 

I don't do public speaking,  I don't do center of attention,  I don't do any of it. I sit in the very back, clinging to Bill,  and working up the nerve to say hi and ask names of people.  

I hate this idea.
Which is how I know it's God. 
It's not something I would think of,  not something I want to do,  and it isn't going away. 
In fact, yesterday's sermon just drove the point home. 

Nothing like walking into church and having God nudge your arm every few minutes  going "Hear that? He's talking to you " 

Yeah....
God has work for me to do...

Tomorrow I'll tell you what I'm supposed to say.  
We'll call it practice,  lol. 

Good day and God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment