Blessed to catch the end of the sunset on the way to church last night. I do miss my sunsets, but I think they mean even more because I don't see them all the time.
Like memories. You don't think of the past all the time, but every so often a memory will surprise you.
Things you don't expect to be memories. Like today, I was reminded of my job at the cab company. And I have a lot of good memories associated with that job, but I wasn't a very happy person back then.
Makes me wish I could have found my way sooner. How different would I have been, how much better would I have effected the people I worked with?
Like people passing away and then you think of all the conversations you should have had. All you can do is use that to build bonds with the people you cherish today.
Regrets are useless, other than as lessons. You hang onto regret, what does it get you? Nothing. Because what's done is done. Ask forgiveness if you did wrong, learn your lessons, and move on.
Life is about becoming better, smarter, wiser, kinder.
It's about getting close to God and through that love, learning how to better love yourself and your fellow man.
And memories.
Memories are wonderful.
They show you who you used to be, how much you've grown.
They let you sit with a loved one again, or relive a happy moment.
They let you heal, learn, grow.
Wonderful indeed.
On a side note, but tied in....
We've been blessed with this church.
For the longest time circumstances and my inhibitions concerning church kept us from ever going.
God brought Ray into our life, to be the friend Bill needs and to lead us to this church.
When you have access to church after spending 20 years thinking you'd never get the chance again....
You take things for granted.
We're learning not to take anything for granted.
In just 2 services I'm finding God speaking to me about things, pointing me in a direction. And I know this direction is going to be uncomfortable, it's going to require me to step out of my comfort zone and leave past notions behind.
It's also going to be completely worth it.
I've asked God to make me the person I need to be to best serve him.
Now I have to do my part and go where he's pointing, do what is asked of me.
We pray, and we tend to wait, looking for a miracle.
A lot of the time...the miracle is us.
It's that person who we keep running into but never talk to, it's that job we're afraid to go for, or that person we've been meaning to call.
Prayer requires work, cooperation, movement.
Your prayers won't get answered if you're sitting in a situation not giving any effort. Even if you're sick, or praying for a sick loved one....it requires you to have faith and do your part to get well. It requires talking to that doctor, trying that new medication, moving around even though you just want to sleep.
Prayer requires us to be willing to do what God wants, to have faith in him, to listen and be willing to be guided.
And that can be scary.
Again....
Go to your memories.
The last time you prayed and God was there for you.
Remember that, take his hand, and move.
Know that it's worth it.
Anyway, that's what I have today. 😊
Going to try to catch a nap, Bill Dear is working today, 1st time in exactly 3 weeks....and Lord knows we need it. But, my sleep schedule is a bit off kilter, and I was up at 4am. 🤦♀️
So nap, cleaning, catching up on work I've put off, and a lot of music.
Good day and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment