So if I went by a normal pain chart I'd consider myself a 3, but according to this one, I'm a 4.
All the time.
That's my normal.
My holy cow moments range from Bees! To Mauled by a bear.
Last night was close to 7. But for the sake of accuracy we're going with Bees! Because that's literally what it felt like.
See I'm between doctors, so I'm out of medications. One important thing I'm out if is my neuro inhibitor. That's the pill that makes my nerve pain tolerable enough to sleep through.
Fun!
Sweating, insomnia, pain, twitching from the muscle spasms that accompany the nerve pain.
That's my new normal until Thursday evening. Why? Because that's when I'll have my pills.
If I wasn't changing doctors I wouldn't be having this problem. But I'm doing a good thing. This change was necessary. When I have to tell my doctor that my sugar fluctuations are hormonal......it's time to find someone else.
I'm not fussing, at least that's not my intention. It's just... it's easy to look at someone and not understand what they're going through.
If you don't see a physical reason for a person's behavior you automatically assume they're in a bad mood or being a prick. In reality, most of us have stuff going on that you can't see.
I wasn't a jerk this morning but I wasn't my normal whistling self either. No sleep, sore, miserable.....hard to put on a smile. I did anyway, but only because my husband deserves it. I refuse to start his morning off badly just because mine did.
Not everyone can do that.
We all handle pain differently.
We all have different tolerances, different reactions.
And while it's not okay for someone in pain to be a jerk....sometimes we just need to be heard.
Really heard and understood.
It is what it is.
My husband hates that saying, but it's true.
You can't make a thing something it's not.
Have a good day, I'm going to try to.
God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment