When I was a kid my brother always got a present on my birthday, but I never got one on his. I was told it was because he wouldn't understand and I was old enough to understand.
Yeah, it hacked me off, made me resent my parents, I was a kid and I didn't really understand.
Now?
Dude, they did me a favor. I got all the important lessons the hard way and I'm a better person for it.
My brother?
He's not a better person, not better to others. He's lonely, angry, and petulant.
So if you want the people you love to be people you can continue to love.....help them understand there's a difference between what feels good and what's right.
Teaching moments; sometimes they seem mean, but sometimes you have to make someone unhappy now to teach them how to be happy later.
Why is the dog covered? She's running a fever. I gave her half a low dose aspirin, hoping it helps bring her temp down. Poor baby, between the IBD and the steroids lowering her immune system, she's not a happy pup.
Luckily tomorrow is her 1st full day on just grain free food, cross your toes that it helps her tummy. If we can get her tummy better with food, she can come down from the steroids and really start feeling better.
Miscellaneous thoughts:
1: I was yesterday years old when I learned that if you scrunch a boiled egg when it's done, then drop it into cold water, it peels right off.
2: I have a better ear for Italian than German. I don't know why, but I'm okay with it. I'm learning, that's all that matters.
3: I understand some people have a low tolerance for Christmas, but it's once a year. One time a year you get to think of others just for the sake of it. Don't be a scrooge.
4: Speaking of scrooge, my favorite "A Christmas Carol " was the 1984 version. It will forever be my favorite one. Although, my favorite holiday movie is hands down "It's a wonderful life ".
5: Catch a falling star by perry como. I love that song. It makes me happy.
6: God is good, you are blessed, and everything will be okay. How do I know that? Because life is ebb and flow, good and bad, and neither lasts forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment