Saturday, December 12, 2020

Reminiscing

I wrote this 5 years ago today. 
Some people hide from their past, it reminds them of pain and they don't want to relive it.  
I relish things like this. I read this and realized how far I've come, how far we've come.  
I read this and remember how hopeless and frustrating it all was. I remember focusing too much on the pain, on what I was missing out on. 

Now. 
I'm not her anymore.  
God has blessed us,  given us opportunity to learn and grow.  
He's helped fix my perspective.  
I can look back on this, not with regret, but with appreciation for everything I've been given. I know I needed to be her to become me. 
And I like myself,  I like who I'm becoming.

You are not a tree.
You can move.
Physically,  mentally,  emotionally. 
You can move, you can grow, you can become better with age. 

Isn't that amazing and wonderful? 

I think so. 
😊

God bless and good weekend. 💚

No comments:

Post a Comment