It was a good holiday, good friends, family, laughs, lots of smiles.
Our pup managed some bites of steak that a friend had brought for lunch and I've never been happier than I was when she finally felt like coming on the couch to be with us. She's still in bad shape, weak, shaky, not drinking much. We're buying her some canned food and I will spoon feed her if I have to until she's strong again. Thank you God for letting us not lose her on Christmas.
We're all sad that Goldie passed away. There's no denying it was a shock. She had sent us a few things, some I shared with our daughter because she sent me double. I'm glad though, because now we all have things from her to remember her by. Above all else, it's the memories that make us. When I pick something up or use something and think of you, relive a moment, see your face in my minds eye. That's what we leave our loved ones.
I'm excited to be putting up decorations, move some things around, see what will go where. I never know. Things just sometimes feel right in a different place. And with all these plants with different lighting needs....things get moved a lot.
And I'll be honest, I'm ready to say goodbye to the holidays. Sooner they're over, the sooner spring is here. I have so much work to do in the gardens, on the deck...Ready to get busy.
Anyway, not sure what all I thought I'd say when I started this.
I guess I'm just thinking that...this year hasn't been great for anyone, but it hasn't been a waste either.
We've learned, loved, grown. For every bad thing something good came from it too. It's easy to forget the blessings.
Hope you have a safe weekend.
Get some rest. Relax.
As much of a mess as this year has been, it seems appropriate to leave it rested and chill.
Till next time,
God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment