This is my Bill Dear.
Today is our 22nd wedding anniversary.
We met 25 years ago, haven't been apart since. I can't explain how much I love him.
Love changes over time though. You go from fresh love and butterflies to something solid, substantial.
I will never see his face in a crowd and not smile, not feel that sense of being home.
That's not life, certainly not marriage.
Still, we managed to make the best out of the worst we've been handed.
With God's help, we've built onto what we have.
It helps that he's not very good at staying serious. Making me smile, or at least shake my head, is a daily goal of his.
Plenty of head shaking in those years though, have no doubt.
I sincerely don't know what I would do without him. I know if I had to, life would go on, but I also know I would miss him. There would be a light that would go out, a piece of me that would be hollow. I pray I never have to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment