Thursday, September 17, 2020

Past Pets

We've been blessed with some really amazing four legged friends through the years and I thought now would be a good time to pay them homage.


This is Spot. Someone we worked with in GA had a litter of pups under their porch and she was the last one. 
When we picked her up she was tan all over. We took her to the groomer and she came back like this ☝️. 
She was 17 years old when she passed away due to old age. Best dog ever, ask anybody.  

This gorgeous kitty is Blaze. We adopted him after the tornado, not knowing he had feline HIV. We only got few months with him but they were good months. He was such a sweet boy. 

This little girl is Cuddles. She was born to us, raised from a newborn. She was smart,  she could ring the doorbell....but she was also clumsy as all get out. Always falling off of things, usually when she was sleeping. We lost her at age 11 to a brain tumor. Turns out all that falling was a symptom of the tumor.  We were blessed to get 11 years with her. 

Peanut, he found us right before Halloween.  We came home to him bouncing on our inflatable pumpkin. He was my baby, I loved this little guy and he got along with everyone.  He was the peacekeeper. When he was around 4 he went out and just never came home. I'd like to think he got picked up and is living the good life. I'll never know,  and that sucks. 

This odd looking pup is Midget. When Spot died a friend brought her to us, she'd been dumped and we just lost a dog. Poor girl was walleyed,  she barked at a log until she was right up on it because she couldn't tell what it was. Sadly she got hit by a chicken truck in front of our house, we didn't have her a year. 

Meet Schnee. She was only a week old, her mom abandoned her so we took her in. We only had her a day, she just wasn't strong enough. We kind of knew, since the mom left her, but we hoped anyway. At least she died loved. 

Last but not least is Sophia. She was a stray Bill Dear brought home from work. She was a sweetheart,  thin and in need of love. Unfortunately she was covered in fleas and had a deadly allergic reaction to the treatment.  


There are more, you meet a lot of four legged friends over 25 years. These are the ones I could find pictures for easily. 
I hope it's not a downer, that isn't my intention.  We loved these babies and they deserve to be remembered. 

Eventually I might do a part 2, but I have to dig through albums and that will take time. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend,  and God bless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment