Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Not Quite There Yet

I'm sorry I haven't had many garden pictures to share with you, cold nights and hot days,  everything is going to seed before hibernation.  Even the insect world seems to have mostly abandoned me. 
I did get a few today while seed gathering though. 

Like this snail next to a baby food jar full of 4 o clocks seeds.
My poor cantaloupe trying so hard to give us a melon before it's too late. 
This spider web between the maple and deck. Couldn't get him to come out though.
And Mrs. Orb Spider,  Tigger was nosing a cricket under her web and she was not pleased. 
I know I have plenty of houseplants to keep my spirits up through the cold season, and I appreciate it.  I miss my bees, butterflies, and all the interesting insects though. The garden just isn't the same without all the "living" going on. 

I'll keep posting what I see, and I'm sure cold weather will hold its own beauty to wonder at. 

I'll have plants to prune and propagate, my azaleas need to go in the ground, and soon my potted plants will have to come inside which means rearranging my office so everyone gets window space. 
At least the work doesn't end. 

You all have a blessed day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment