A few years ago I wrote a post on what it means to be an outsider, why some people feel that way.
When you grow up criticized and have self image issues....you naturally feel outside of things. Like something is different or wrong about you. There's no way to
establish a connection with society when you're made to believe that you're flawed, and therefore outside social norms.
Because you feel outside of everyone, you tend to be more introverted, introspective, thoughtful. Always trying to improve yourself, find your niche, figure out who you are.
You're the one who hates crowds, feels alone in a group of people, always struggling to find a way to survive if you have to "people ".
And you feel wrong for it. Constantly hearing how you should work on that, fix it, be more social, etc.
Maybe it doesn't need fixed.
What if it's just as normal to be an introvert as it is to be an extrovert?
What if our inability to socialize is balanced by our ability to be introspective?
I don't look at it as a flaw anymore.
Sure, there are times when I see that I have few friends, few connections with people and I wonder if I'm wrong, maybe there's something wrong with me.
But I also see how I have less complications.
I see how I have a closer relationship to God because he's the one I turn to now.
God has used the problems in my life, the flaws, to make me stronger.
The price I pay for that is always being on the outside looking in.
But you know what?
I have room to grow out here, so it's okay. 😊
No comments:
Post a Comment