Monday, September 28, 2020

Conundrum

Sorting through problems can be complicated. Especially since problems heighten our emotions. Then it becomes a lot like this mirror "things are closer than they appear".  
We're so close to our answers,  they're often so simple,  we walk right by them and into the most convoluted things we can come up with. 
And emotions,  thoughts, problems....they tend to snowball.  A single bad day can turn into a deep depression pretty quick. Add in hormone imbalances, pain, illness, etc.....watch out. 

I know, been battling a spell of the grumps for a week now. 
Simple answer?
Talk about what's bothering me.  

So why did it take a week to get there? 

Because when you already feel insignificant, bothersome, useless,  and generally ugh about yourself....everything adds to that. 
My perspective was skewed. 
And I'm not 100%.
Until I confront the issues and get it out....I'm at 30%.  Any little thing could push me back over the line. 
Difference is I know it so I can be aware,  I can talk logically to myself,  get back on track. 

It's not easy telling someone how you feel, especially when they're a contributing factor as to why you need to talk in the first place.  Worst case scenarios go through your mind, you're preparing to be rejected or lambasted. Not exactly what you need from yourself in this instance but it's your default setting.  By the time you realize you let the default in it's already put it's feet on the table and gotten a cup of coffee. 

Fun times. 

Point is, basically,  get out of your head. 
Especially when you feel yourself sliding down that slippery slope into depressionland.  You have to reason with yourself,  focus. Look at each thing that added to the snowball and tackle each part individually.  

Most of the time you find you only have one real problem which is probably easy to find a solution to.  

Okay, so yeah, that's me, where I am, and what I'm dealing with today. Now I'm going to finish cleaning the house and try to pull myself the rest of the way out of this funk. 

Later taters, and God bless. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment