Friday, February 5, 2021

Sleep is awesome !


Words matter. 
They matter because what comes out of our mouths reflects what's in our souls, what kind of people we are.  

Pastor Mike preached Sunday about how calling someone an idiot is putting yourself above them. 
It's saying you think better, act better, are better than them. 

And he's right. 
And boy is it a hard habit to break. 
But now that I see it, I'm more aware of what I'm saying, of what's being said to me. 

Part of the journey. 
It's hard, knowing you've been judgemental and putting people down without even being aware. 
You'd think correcting it would be easy, but it's a habit. 
You see it, hear it, live it constantly....tv, movies, society, school.....it's been there my whole life. 
It's just words. 

But words matter, the ideas they convey matter. 

Sleep!  I got it, I needed it. 
How did I manage to finally sleep? 
God's mercy, pills, and analgesic cream. I rubbed every sore body part with numbing cream and thank you Lord it helped. 
I'm definitely going to have to talk to my doctor soon. 
I don't know if it's ra, oa, both....
But something is wrong with my body. 
I know that for sure. 

Even after a good night sleep I'm still stiff, sore, moving slower, having twinges. 
The symptoms aren't going away. 

So I pray, I watch myself,  and I remember that pain is not an excuse to not keep trying to be a good person.  

It's easy to let things we go through get to us, allow us to lash out, to act in ways that aren't healthy.  
I don't want to be that person. 

And so I won't.  

I am grateful this morning. 
For lessons,  for rest, for my body, my home, my family,  my friends,  this wonderful earth and all the beauty it holds, for life.  

This life is a great gift. 💝

Good day and God bless.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment