I'm kicking myself though. I saw a cloud that looked just like a spine and vertebra. I was so busy looking it up, I forgot to snap a picture.
It's a Cirrus vertebratus, and they're a rare sighting.
So I'm disappointed that I didn't snap a shot of it, but I'm also very grateful to God for letting me get a glimpse of one.
And now I know to capture it if I ever see one again.
Winter is hard. It's cold, dreary, and the short daylight hours.....we need sun and fresh air. It feeds our bodies like food and water do.
I NEEDED that outing.
No, I'm not feeling better physically, but I can handle it when the rest of me is feeling up to it.
This was at the end of our drive, almost sunset. I will never not be awed by a sunset or sunrise. God gives us so much beauty, it's important to recognize it.
I haven't been very social lately, keeping to myself. I'm working on it, I'm reaching out when I feel I should, but I'm going through my own lesson right now.
Listening to God's voice.
God is quiet, he's gentle. I've spent too much time listening to all the noise the world makes. Time to get back where I need to be.
And I'm trying to stop being judgmental, which is harder than I thought it would be. Bill said "words matter" and he's right.
How you phrase things, the words we use.....it changes the way you perceive things. Calling someone an idiot for driving badly....seems harmless, natural even. Only...it puts you above them, as if you're too good to commit a mistake.
We're all human, and our words put us in a place of being over others instead of equal to them. I use the term "the blacks, whites, Indians, etc" when describing a group and it's wrong because it strips away their humanity. Hubby Dear pointed that out to me and he's right, it does.
Pastor Mike preached on it too , Sunday, and it's funny because once you realize something is wrong it pings in your mind every time you do it.
Breaking bad habits and changing my thinking.
I said in my last blog that I asked God to make me who I need to be to best serve him. Part of that process is fixing my bad habits, my wrong thinking.
In that line, I'm grateful to God that I'm able to put aside my pride and admit I'm wrong and need to change. I'm grateful to him for getting through to me in a way I can understand.
Every day is a blessing.
I'm off to get lunch, clean the kitchen, and relax for a bit.
Good day and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment