Sunday, February 14, 2021

I Am Not A Chionophile

I despise cold weather. 
I am a proud thermophile. 
Warm weather is my thing. 

This picture was yesterday, on the way to the church banquet,  before snowmageddon hit today. 
This is too beautiful for words.  I have missed sunlight and blue skies so much. Winter is depressive for a reason. Way too much grey.

There are good things about cold weather,  even a chionophobe can appreciate the beauty.  

Like the frosted windows....
I love the different patterns of ice, so pretty. 

Then there's the birds. They are super glad we were able to find a great deal on bulk seed. 
I really do enjoy the birds, even if the nut hatches are picky and dump most of it on the ground. 
The cats like the feeder too, especially since they've been trapped inside due to cold weather. The cats are super glad we have windows they can watch the feeder from. 

Today we ventured out to buy a bed (sleep number, I'm excited to actually sleep comfortably,  arthritis is not conducive to a good night's rest.) and met some friends for lunch. Thank you tax refund!
While we were out I snapped these... 
Tried to get a shot of the creek, but my timing was off and I missed it. 
I'm curious to see how much snow we actually get,  kind of hoping their amounts are off. I'm really done with winter. 

Spending the rest of the day trying to stay warm.  

Snow......ick.....lol.

God has blessed us though. We're alive, warm, surrounded by good people,  and God loves us. 

Can't ask for more. 

Ya'll take care and God bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment