Friday, August 28, 2020

So Many Surprises

Exploring outside after a good rain is fun. So many little surprises today, I'm actually quite pleased, our garden isn't usually this busy. 

First in our expedition is the milkweed beetle. All of these are different beetles,  in different locations.  
If you'll look close in this last one, miss beetle has herself a friend on the other side of the leaf. I didn't even see him until I was checking the picture to make sure she was in focus. 

Then there's the bees. Always busy.....getting lunch...
taking it back home....
and of course taking a break. Pollination is hard work. 

We even had a ladybug visitor this morning, she flexed her wings right after I snapped this but I missed it. 

It's not all flying fun in the garden. We also have our spider friends,  keeping the pests off our plants.  
Like Mr & Mrs orb spider....they are literally a yard apart. Will they find each other and consequently find true love? Well, until she eats him at least.....ick. Talk about tough love. 
Mr....
and Mrs....
quite the size difference. 

 Then there are these two spider friends,  I'm not sure what they are....but they took a minute to find. 
This one, buried in the leaves ready to grab any unsuspecting potential snacks.
And this guy, glaring at me over the top of the leaf. I wasn't supposed to find him apparently....
Next is my mantis friend.  I almost missed him. He's got this hide and seek game down pat. 
You can barely see his butt, it doesn't quite match the leaf he's hiding on.
peekaboo,  I see you....
A fly, an ant, a chance encounter on a stem while out foraging.  
Eight spotted forester Caterpillar.  She will turn into a quite beautiful moth very soon. I was lucky to catch her having breakfast.  
And last but not least on this buggy adventure,  the cucumber beetle,  lounging on a sunflower.....

God has blessed us so much, and me especially today with such great finds and good shots. It's almost like they all posed. 

God bless and have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment