Thursday, August 20, 2020

Road Trip

For starters, yesterday we FINALLY  got our car in the body shop and picked up our rental. 
Then Bill Dear got the day off due to complications at work. 
So we went on a drive. 
To this tiny little town called Reed Springs,  just outside of Branson. It's a nice drive, it was a beautiful day,  and we absolutely love the little flea market in town. Lunch at Pop's Dari Deli, always the best ice cream. Mostly though, just nice people.  

Of course I took pictures and most are self explanatory.  Just scenery,  things that caught my eye. 

Cows finding shade under a tree in a field full of yellow flowers...how could I not?

Farm life might not seem beautiful,  but it feeds nations, and that's just amazing.  

Hay bails.  Might not seem like much, but it means life or death and paid taxes on a farm. 

Blue sky,  green fields,  flowing grass...pretty isn't it?

Table Rock Lake. Course I like any body of water from the shoreline,  lol. 

This painting caught my eye.  If I'd had the money I would have bought it. The implication of sunlight, the colors, 🤷‍♀️ it just spoke to me. 

The spring for which Reed Springs got its name. 

The bluffs as your leaving town. This area is full of little treasures,  worth the time to explore for sure. 

A shot of the river that feeds into table rock. All kinds of waterways through this area thanks to the hills. 

And that's it for the drive. 

This morning I collected marigold seeds, opened the windows, and thanked God for the cool, fresh air. 
Nothing quite like filling a house with fresh air, letting the sunlight in. It's cleansing in ways bleach and detergent just can't quite match. 

I'm off to finish my morning routine.  
Ya'll have a blessed day and if it feels like you're not blessed,  you're just not looking in the right place.  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment