Sunday, August 16, 2020

Frailty

We went to visit a dying friend yesterday.  
It was a good trip, a long trip, and a necessary trip. 
People need to know they're loved, that they're special,  that they matter. 
Especially when they're facing an obstacle or a calamity.  And dying is pretty much the biggest calamity of all because you know you're operating on borrowed time. 

We're all dying,  every day since we were born we've been dying.  We have this amazing ability to pretend we're immortal.  It's like we assume it's just not ever going to happen to us.  

The wife of a friend showed up at my house the other day to tell us he passed away of a sudden illness.  He was younger than us,  too young in our minds. But then our friend who is dying is younger than us. Death doesn't care what age you are, what race or religion you are.  It comes for us all when it's time.  

We are frail. 
We pretend we're not,  maybe we have to in order to survive...I don't know...but it's like we're afraid to admit we're mortal. 
We're flawed, we're frail, we're scared. 

I'm so grateful that I found God,  that I found that relationship with him. I can't imagine getting through this life without him because for a time I did and it was bleak. My life is so much better with God in it. 

I'm not preaching.  
I'm professing. 
I'm trying to reach whoever is lost and afraid, because god can ease your heart and mind in ways no man can. 

It just seems to me that we would be better people if we could approach every day like it was our last. 
We assume we have more time, we can do it later, we'll tell them later. 
What if you don't get a later?

Live your life, deal with people as if it was your last day. I guarantee you will find a new appreciation for everything in your life. New perspective.  

Anyway, I wish you all a blessed day,  and I hope you have a wonderful week.  



No comments:

Post a Comment