Sunday, November 29, 2020

Just A Day

I wish I had some inspiration for today's blog, but it's just a day. 



My grandma died 2 years ago today. 
I still miss her, I still think of her.  A part of her lives on in me. So many memories,  she was such a big part of my life growing up. 

7 years ago we quit smoking. I don't miss the cough, I enjoy having my taste buds back, jury is still out on the whole "improved sense of smell" thing. Blessing, curse, both at times. 

When I think of all the people I've known and loved who've passed away,  each person left their own trail. Individual memories, ways they touched my heart. 
It's nice.

I have a lot and nothing on my mind at the same time. Lots of thoughts that flow through, make themselves known, and then lazily drift on by. Nothing standing out, not yet at least. 

So it's just a day. 
Going to try to put up Christmas decorations today.
Tomorrow is cleaning day, and after putting out decorations...it's going to need it.  

Chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight, nothing fancy, perfect for a cold and rainy day.  

Brownie is feeling better today. No mess this morning,  she even jumped on the bed with me and got cuddles. Regardless of what happens tomorrow,  I'm blessed to have a happy pup today. 

It's weird.  Usually a body wakes up either happy or not,  something on your mind or carefree. 
I'm not happy or sad, I'm not pensive or jubilant.  
I just am today. 
And that's perfectly okay. 

As always we're blessed.  
We have a home, food, each other, our kids, pets. I woke up, I'm breathing;  I can see, hear, touch, taste, smell.
Most of my body works correctly,  my pain is bearable, and my mind is my own. 

God is good and we are blessed. 

And you are blessed too. 
You are loved.
Namaste and God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment