I love sunset/sunrise. The colors, the quiet. Like the whole world pauses for a moment to watch and wonder.
Although life isn't always quiet and peaceful. Like these lines, people come and go from our existence, bringing their habits and ideas with them.
I'm not good at telling people when things they do or say make me uncomfortable. I tend to feel like everyone should be allowed freedom of speech. But I should be allowed freedom to be comfortable in my home.
Most things are a matter of compromise. In my home I can expect certain behavior, level of manners... it's my home. You have the option not to come into it.
If you're going to call me, respecting my tolerance for certain language or humor is a given. Don't like it? Don't call me.
Whereas if I call you or come to your home I can't hold any standards. If I don't like it, I can stop calling or coming over.
You should be free to express yourself but you also have to understand you're not free from the consequences.
Vulgarity is going to turn most people off to you, tone it down or accept the fact.
This all seems pretty much like common sense stuff, typing it out, but I'm seeing more and more (especially online) where we're expecting everything to just bend around us all the time with no consequences.
Life just doesn't work that way.
Time us mature adults start teaching these younger generations about respect and responsibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment