Monday, November 16, 2020

Indoctrination and Lies

I'm going into uncomfortable territory today.
Politics.

I'm a Trump supporter.  
I'm a constitutionalist.
And if you're a Democrat, Liberal,  or Biden supporter....to you I'm the enemy. 

Why?

Because that's what you've been told. 
It's okay, we're the villain in your story, guess what?
You're the villain in ours. 

Guess what else? 
It's all lies, all smoke and mirrors. 
If we're busy hating each other we won't see what's happening around us. 

Yes, I believe certain people behind both parties are out for power grabs, I believe they don't have our best interest at heart,  and I believe we're in danger of losing our constitution and freedoms. From both sides. From all sides. 

I know for a fact that my Liberal friends are not nazi's,  they're not racist, they're not out to hurt anyone. Just as my friends know I'm not a nazi, not a racist, and wouldn't hurt anyone.  

So why can't we have a conversation? 
Because we're supposed to be enemies.  We're set against each other in a media fueled fight to the death over whose right. 

Neither,  both....I don't even know anymore.  

I know Trump sucks at being a politician,  but that's exactly why I thought he was best for the job. Politicians are why we're in debt, why we have bad policies,  why we go to war at the drop of a hat.
Regardless of how you feel about Trump, he's done wonders for us internationally.  He's bringing peace to the middle east, backing Israel, and calming our more difficult alliances with North Korea, China, Russia...

Now we've voted in another politician. The very type of person we all agreed was the problem.  

Well, okay.
We'll see how the next 4 years go. 
I'm not going to throw a tantrum, name call, or finger point. 
If the government does something stupid I'll call them on it, but I'm done talking about parties like they're people because that's exacerbating the problem.  

I'm sick of the bickering, the violence,  the indoctrination,  the hate, the name calling,  and the overall ill will being spread. 

Time to grow up folks.
We're not kids on the playground fighting over who gets the slide. 
This is our children's future, our future, our lives, our livelihood.  
There's more at stake here than anyone seems to want to admit. 

You don't like my candidate,  I don't like yours, but we can't seem to find anyone or anything we agree on....
And that's the heart of the problem, isn't it? 
We've stopped talking, stopped sharing ideas, stopped compromising.  
We're like a divorced couple fighting over the pool while the house is falling into a sinkhole. 

Pretty pathetic isn't it? 

Well, there you go, my opinion. 
Hate me, don't,  whatever. 
I can only control me.
And I refuse to hate someone just because of a (d) or (r) next their voter status. 

Namaste and God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment