This isn't mine but it resonates with everyone who lives with any level of chronic pain.
I have a constant, nagging pain in my low back. Grinding glass is my best description. Nagging? Yup. It used to be excruciating, but it's amazing what a body can adjust to.
Plus the added benefit of having worse pain. When my disc moves, my sciatica flares, my nerve binds, my muscles react and cramp....
Yeah, that's a 20 on the pain scale. So that back pain that started out as a 10 because it was new....it's not so bad compared to the other goodies my body puts me through.
So my 10 is a 2 and my 20 is a 10 and if I'm crying then it's over and something has gone horribly wrong.
I'm not alone. There are way too many people with chronic pain and we all share a bond of similar stories.
Having a good day, low pain, out of nowhere....bam!
Bye bye good day.
But we get up again, we keep trying, we keep working at it.
We have to.
Life doesn't stop because we hurt.
It's autumn, everyone I know with chronic pain is having flair ups right now simply because temperature and pressure affect the body.
I spent the morning in the kitchen chopping and cooking, having a good ol time. I've spent the rest of the day limping and wishing my body would hush.
🤷♀️ You just keep going.
And yes, some of us should be better about asking for help and resting. I'm working on getting better about not being so stubborn. It's definitely a work in progress......🐴 Missouri mule and all....☺️.
It's difficult for us, not just our limitations but the fact we have limitations at all. It's hard when you want to do something, you have the energy to do the thing, and your body says "not today sucker".
Emotionally, mentally, physically....it's an all over challenge.
Guess I just want to help people understand. It's hard if you haven't been there yourself.
And I don't wish it on anyone.
It is seriously no bueno.
Okay, well you have a blessed day, namaste. 😊
God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment