☝️ This is absolutely true.
You will only see bad if that's all you look for.
It's not about denying the bad or turning a blind eye, it's about looking for the good despite the bad.
A negative outlook or attitude is learned.
You can train yourself to be positive, to see the good in life, you just have to do the work.
Yes, work.
Being positive isn't as simple as just doing it. It's work. Hard work.
You have a bad day, as a negative person you automatically start expecting the worst. That bad day turns into everything bad about you and your life. It can turn into a downward spiral pretty darn quick.
Being positive means acknowledging the bad things that happened, but instead of writing off the whole day....looking for the good.
Talk about tough. I had days when the only good thing I could see was that I was breathing.
And you know what?
That's okay, because it's a start.
Pretty soon I was being thankful for my eyesight, breathing, living, feeling, walking, coffee, my pets, my kids, my husband, my friends, a roof over my head, clothes, warmth, running water, every bill we could pay, being able to afford food.....
The list is endless.
Everything and everyone around you that enables you to exist and do things, that makes your life better or easier....
Be thankful.
Acknowledge them.
All of that little, seemingly meaningless stuff....
All those people who you take for granted will always be around....
That's your positvity.
That's your blessing.
Soon you start being grateful for an exceptionally blue sky or sunny day. You start to recognize that everything is a gift, even the birds and the trees, flowers, a cool breeze.
Then you realize; every smile, hello, how are you, wave, small gesture, is priceless.
Soon you're noticing when coworkers joke with you or help you out. You pay attention when the boss nods at you or pays you a compliment. You never really paid attention before when your spouse did something for you or the kids cleaned up....but now you do.
It opens your eyes to the little things, to the every day kindnesses and beauty that make up this wonderful life we live.
And wallah......💫.....you've changed your perspective.
You're not just seeing the bad anymore.
You finally understand how much good this world holds that you missed.
And friends....once you see all that goodness, you won't ever turn a blind eye to it again.
God gives us so much, blessings upon blessings. We're so busy looking for a sign in the sky or that big miracle, we miss all the little miracles that surround our lives.
I know so many people who struggle to find the good, struggle with depression and anxiety, look for the worst in everything and everyone.
That's not how we were meant to live.
We were meant to be rejoiceful, kind, loving, happy.
I don't know if this will help anyone or not. I only know my journey.
I was always stressed and depressed.
Positive thinking, a change of perspective changed me for the better and I will be eternally grateful.
Good day and God bless. 😊
No comments:
Post a Comment