Monday, October 5, 2020

Our Weekend

For starters, Brownie  is still having tummy troubles,  although she's acting much better, so I'm hopeful it's not serious.  πŸ‘
She's even feeling up to begging with her eyes while mom eats breakfast,  πŸ˜„.

Bill Dear had to work Saturday, which is nice for the OT, not so good for our time together. He did manage to get the lawn mowed and errands run. I put a new seal on the back door, he propped up one of the upstairs windows until we can get a lock on it, so at least some winter prep got accomplished.  πŸ™‚

He also took me to Lowe's to browse the death racks. I found this beauty and brought her home. ☺️
The yellow/white flowers are Latanas. 
The purple ones are scaevola (aka fairy fans). They're the ones I was after, the latanas are just bonus!
The last fairy fans I had lived for 3 years. 
I plan on having these for longer if possible,  and propagating some for outside come spring.  
Very happy! 😁

On the way out we were browsing, checking out good perennials for spring planting next year. I was blessed with these snapshots. 
Tons of bees, this guy was huge!
Beautiful butterfly, I miss my butterflies.  I'm determined to have a nice perennial butterfly/bee garden next year. πŸ˜€

We've also decided to cut down and burn out the crepe myrtle stump. I know they can be gorgeous,  but they need a lot of work to be gorgeous.  We're looking for something less high maintenance.  So that's another research project. I'm seriously learning toward hibiscus or hydrangea. 🀷‍♀️ I'll narrow it down and we'll decided together.  πŸ‘«

I'm very excited about putting my Mexican petunia in the back garden with the azalea next year! I'm stoked, and they'll both do so well as they're geared toward shaded gardens. We just have to buy some rock for the bed cover and we're golden! πŸ˜„

It's all coming together.  And we realize some day when we're older we might move and sell this place.  We miss the country, I want water close by,  and two stories will become a problem when I'm old. Not talking Debbie Downer stuff here, just practicalities. And it's okay. Because regardless of what God has in store, the work we're doing is good work. And we enjoy it. The point in owning a place is to make it what you want, to be happy.  Not to make it what everyone else would want. We love this house, it was a gift from God, and we're treating it as such.  ❤

Hope you had a great weekend full of joy, laughter, & love. 

God bless.  


No comments:

Post a Comment