Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Revival


I'm on my new medicine regimen,  I feel better,  I'm sleeping,  and I'm okay with the joint pain now that I'm only having to fight the one thing at a time. 

God is good, I am blessed.  

God has been showing me some things. The word he gave me yesterday was "Revival ". I'm in a process of renewing my walk with God,  or revival. 
Through my bad church experiences in the past,  I haven't been walking right with God.  I've been double minded,  trying to please myself and God. That doesn't work. 

I was praying wrong. I was never taught how to pray, only that I should. There is a right way to pray. 

I stopped asking God to fix everything and everyone like he was a plumber, I started asking him to fix me, guide me, make me who he wants me to be. 
I gave Jesus the wheel. 
This led me to pray right for others because I stopped praying in terms of demands and started praying in terms of blessing.  
"Bless their life, open their eyes and hearts, help them to do your will"  
I stopped trying his hands with my self centered praying. 

Next was church.  I assumed because my church growing up was bad that all church was bad. Then God led us to the church he wanted us in and it has been a glorious blessing.  If I let God lead me it will always be right. 

I gave Jesus the wheel.

Yesterday and today God has shown me that I have to learn how to read the bible. I was always asked how I interpreted a scripture,  what I thought it meant.  
That's a lie, the biggest lie. 
The bible is God's word,  his book, he's the author.  You don't ask the book club what the author meant, you ask the author himself.  
It's not up for interpretation or opinion. If I am confused, if I need to question,  God will either tell me, or he'll put a burden on my heart to ask someone.  
He led us to this church so we would be surrounded by people who could give me that help. 

I gave Jesus the wheel.  

He's driving now. 
I'm done putting myself in the way,  I'm done sweeping my spiritual messes under the bed. 
God handed me a broom, I'm fixing to do some cleaning.  

There will always be growing and learning to do,  there will always be trials and tribulations.  
And my spiritual house will be clean, the windows will be open, the lamps lit.

God's light burns in my house from now on. 

And Jesus take the wheel! 

God bless ya'll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment