Thursday, March 4, 2021

Best Laid Plans


So taking my walk yesterday may not have been the wisest choice.  
I hurt last night, so bad. 
My disc shifted to the right which is always a painful process anyway. Combined with my joint pains elsewhere...sleep was not my friend. 

I got 2 whole hours, plus a catnap on the couch out of sheer exhaustion.  

And you know....I don't regret it. 

Since I've been dealing with these new physical problems,  I've been more prone to depression. 
The devil takes advantage of that, puts thoughts in my head that I know are ridiculous...but still make me doubt. God is using this opportunity to help me learn to listen and build up my faith. 

All this time I have awake is giving me more time to talk to God,  more time to process and pray. 

Satan can attack my body but God is building up my soul, and it's worth it.  So worth it. 

Giving Jesus the wheel,  it has a freedom I never understood before.  I can sit back and enjoy the things the Lord points out on the way because I'm not sitting here petrified that something bad might happen.  I know that no matter what happens,  God's got me. 

Despite everything physically,  I'm so blessed.  
I just needed to testify to that. 

God is good, God is enough. 

We mess that up. 
We haul all our baggage around, looking to point out everyone else's flaws to hide our own, blaming God because our load is so heavy.  
What we're really saying is that God isn't enough. 
When we don't change, don't listen,  don't try....we're telling God we need our problems more than we need him. 

Isn't that insane? 

Well I'm tired and I'm not hauling around anything I don't need.  I'm downsizing this uhaul full of baggage down to a wagon. 
We're human, we're always going to have a measure of baggage,  but we don't need to take it all. The point of this life is getting back to who God intended us to be before the world got in the way. 

At least for me. 

Alright,  ya'll have a wonderful day and God bless! 


No comments:

Post a Comment