Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Passing


We lost a good friend yesterday. She was vibrant, honest to a fault, and so charismatic.  

I was in the parking lot of a different hospital than where she drew her last, waiting on my kids to get out of the ER. 
Nothing serious,  thank God,  something treatable. 
I got the news and I was stunned.  

Sitting in a hospital parking lot,  sun shining, warm breeze, birds tweeting, a truly wonderful day....
And she's gone. 
It seems wrong for anyone so full of life to die on a nice day. 

We'd lost touch after we moved.  They're raising their granddaughter, he works, she's a homemaker like me so us ladies never leave except to run errands.  

We saw her less than a year ago. At a birthday party. She was her normal exuberant self. 

Man, I can't even imagine what her family is going through.  We've tried to reach out but understandably they need their space right now. And since we did lose touch, it feels wrong to intrude on their deepest grief.  

I can say beyond a doubt that she had a meaningful life. 
I know she touched our hearts in the best possible way,  she was a light for sure. 

Goodbye my friend,  rest in God's arms. 

Good day, God bless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment