Saturday, March 20, 2021

Going to be a weekend


I have this on my phone, it's just a beautiful thought. One I'm seriously trying to work on.  
Not that kindness doesn't come easy.  It does, and it should.  But life gets in the way, people hurt you, and over time the world tries to tell you to withdraw. Be careful, cautious.
You can be kind and still protect yourself.  The act of being kind isn't a vulnerability,  it's our duty to everyone around us.  
And kindness isn't the same as being a doormat.  You can draw lines, say no, even take yourself out of a situation or a person's life...with kindness.  

I'm having a small bbq for Bill Dear today, in honor of his birthday.  He's working today but it's going to be a good day.  
I've got the meat marinating,  potato salad is made, cake is made. I have to make pretzels,  slaw, and fry some cabbage later and we're good to go.  I might need help, I might go slow....I'm hurting and didn't sleep well....but that's okay too. 

It's not about having a perfect life, it's about how you react to the imperfections.  

Always learning,  always growing,  God's daughter and full of flaws. 
That's me. 

Sometime today I also need to water plants,  take a shower, and pray. 
Tomorrow is church, laundry,  and a memorial service for a friend.  

It's definitely going to be a weekend. 
What kind is up to us. 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Forgot to post pictures I took yesterday,  Bill Dear got off work early and we went for a lovely drive!

Ya'll have a good day and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment