Everything we are, everything we have, every blessing, every teaching or learning moment is a testament to God.
There is no glory in me.
I am nothing without God.
That doesn't mean I don't have gifts or talents, it doesn't mean I can't give good advice or be a good person.
It means God created me and in giving myself to God, it's not my glory, it's his.
And that's awesome.
It's freeing.
It's a responsibility, it makes me hold myself accountable because I am a testament to my faith and my God.
Pride has no place in this.
It's funny, because we hear people tell us to take pride in our work and our appearance, etc.
Well, I don't take pride in anything...
I do work hard, I am conscientious, I strive.
But pride means I want credit, I want adoration, I want admiration...
Pride feeds the ego.
Ego makes it hard for us to acknowledge our flaws or shortcomings, it makes us act unbecoming to others.
I don't want to feed that.
I want to be humble, subservient, obedient to God.
That doesn't mean being a doormat either. In fact, I feel like it helps me be a better person, a better worker, and a better Christian. I can say no, I can take a hit, and I can go on with my life with my self esteem intact because my self worth comes from God not people.
The other day someone who lives by our church asked if I was my husband's mother. He was being an ass. And yeah, it hurt my pride, it bothered me for a couple of days, and then I realized I was feeding my ego instead of turning to God.
God knows I'm trying to be physically active, God knows I'm trying to eat healthy, and God knows I'm fighting my body right now.
No one else's opinion on my appearance matters, God knows who I am on the inside. Through God's grace I am beautiful.
And that's what really matters.
Good weekend and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment