This little girl was resting on our door frame outside. Bill Dear said she'd probably die and sure enough we found her dead this morning. Bees aren't sedentary creatures, when they quit moving something is wrong.
Much like us.
Physically, emotionally, mentally.
We weren't created to stay put, never changing or evolving.
We were created to create, to motivate, to spread love and goodness.
I've been getting that message pretty hard the last couple of days. Scripture, sermons, my own issues I'm sorting through.
God is ready for me to become who he created me to be.
In order to do that, I have to let go of everything that isn't of him.
The world adds a lot to who we are.
It tells us what to wear, what to buy, how to look, how to act, what to say, what to think.
Other people influenced us with their hang ups, biases, issues.
We're a hodgepodge of everything around us and we absorb it all without looking to make sure it's useful or true.
Here's the best part though.
God knows.
He knows who he created you to be.
He knows everything you're going to take on, who those things are going to turn you into.
He knows how to help you, he knows what help you will accept, and he can use you for his purpose regardless and because of the things you've been through.
Often the things we see as damage he sees as opportunities.
Because the people we reach?
They're broken too.
They have scars, wounds, damage, bias.
It's easier to reach them through people who know where they're coming from than through someone whose never been there.
There's a measure of camaraderie in trauma, as sad as that is.
I'm excited to see who I am when this leg of the journey is over, who I will be in years to come.
It's an adventure.
I know it's not going to be easy, parts will be hard, there will be pain.
That's life.
There will also be growth, joy, love, laughter, amazement.
And always, through everything....there will be God.
No comments:
Post a Comment