Wednesday, April 13, 2022

So That Happened


No matter what gets me down God is always good, always with me, always looking out for me. 

I had a rough time of it after Sunday. 
What was supposed to be a great day turned bad.
Nothing happened,  I was just under attack by something that didn't want me praying, didn't want me worshipping,  wanted me distracted.  

And what better way to distract me than with my past problems?

Yes, I overthink. 
Yes I struggle with insecurity and inadequacy. 

And you know what?
That's okay.
Because I am inadequate and and I am not safe or secure without God.  
Jesus is Lord and his sacrifice for my sake is the only reason I am worthy.  
And that is beautiful. 
Someone who was blameless accepted a tormented and cursed death for my sake. 
And now he is with me in every moment.  He has filled me with his holy spirit so I am never alone or lost, regardless of how I might feel.

I've been getting hit with some pretty heavy intercessory prayer lately.  Very heavy. 
The more I pray the more I feel that weight.  And the things I'm praying against knows. It knows and it targeted me Sunday. 
I'm learning and a lot of it is trial by fire. 
But I am learning and the holy spirit is guiding me and protecting me.  
And I am wonderful!

Evil can walk into church.
It can preach, teach, worship, fellowship. 
It sows lies, deceit, gossip, doubt. 
It preys on your weaknesses,  takes credit for your strength. 
Evil is manipulative,  narcissistic,  accusatory,  abusive.

Our job is to pray for each other, lift each other up, be encouraging. 
We are to remind our brothers and sisters of their contributions, their strengths, of God.  
We are supposed to try to be a support so that evil doesn't have a foothold. 
We are supposed to be alert and loving so that if it does find a foothold it's temporary.  

I'm being distracted for a reason. 
If I'm distracted I'll be so busy dealing with my problems that I'll quit praying in the gap for others who need it right now.  
And someone else can fill the gap, I'm not essential,  God is the power,  he is essential! 
I'm just a willing vessel. 
This is an opportunity for me to grow and learn while helping someone who might not even realize they're in trouble.  

And that's the God I serve. 
A God who calls us to love each other.
A God looking for anyone willing to love another and by doing so being blessed in the process. 
And growth in Christ is a blessing,  make no mistake. 
It's the best blessing. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment