See those pink roses?
Brand new bush.
All that thorny brown around them?
Old bush.
It was huge, I cut it back after the late snow we had hoping it might come back.
No such luck.
That original bush was beautiful, but it had been neglected, I was slowly trying to prune it into better shape and health. Now it's left us a brand new bush to nurture.
It's like that for me too, personally.
God's cutting out all the ick, all the damaged and dead pieces. Instead of growing the dead and damaged parts of me, he's starting over.
He's using the lessons from the past to start a new foundation, a new me. All that garbage from my past now becomes food and a healthy root system for a new me.
And if I'm faithful he'll make sure I grow better than ever.
Just like this rose bush.
It's not a coincidence.
God doesn't do accidents.
We do accidents, we make bad choices, we make mistakes.
God turns those into blessings. He uses them to help us or those around us in ways we may never see.
It's wonderful, it's comforting, and it's inspiring.
I feel so much better, like I'm becoming who I'm supposed to be.
Anyway, I hope you all are doing terrific and have a truly splendid week.
God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment