Saturday, November 5, 2022

Trails

I'm really in love with the conservation trails around here.  They're peaceful and beautiful every season.  Always something new to see. 
Like this coralberry from the buckbrush, a member of the honeysuckle family.  If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have looked it up and learned about it.  
It's also nice to just exist. No destination other than forward. Anxious to see what's around the bend without worrying about what's behind you.  Taking in the beauty of the moment. We need more of that. 
This little pup had a blast too. She loves getting to go out with us and the addition of new sights and smells just tops it off for her. 
Call me weird but I love stuff like this.  A single branch of colorful leaves in a forest full of brown.  A splash of color, something different or new. 
Fixing cabbage soup, a nice fall meal. Going to curl up on the couch afterwards with Bill Dear and enjoy a quiet evening. Perfect way to finish a good day.  

God bless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment