Decorating for Christmas is done.
Only took 9 hours 😂.
Worth it though.
I like ribbon, it's so versatile. I wrapped it around our railing outside, around the mailbox post, taped some around the door frames....yup, I may have gone too far.
My table is not completely Christmas, my holly tablecloth doesn't fit this this table 🤦♀️ so I have to find a bigger one.
The collection of Santa's on the top shelf that we inherited from Bill's mom. I'm partial to the gingerbread village that's slowly growing. I love vintage items, especially Christmas decorations.
Then the village. The only place I have for now that's out of reach of the kitty's. I usually put the snow cloth under it and do it up a little more but this gal was tired.
In lieu of a mantle (which we have but is full) I opted for windows. I like hanging tinsel from the windows anyway so it was pretty quick work.
I didn't get the lights, the outside ribbon, the nativity scene, the fireplace, and some other stuff...
But you get the drift.
I know Santa Claus isn't really Christian, and I know the tree and holky or pagan. I know it's not actually Jesus birthday either. A friend pointed out all that in an effort to persuade others to stop celebrating like they do.
I get it.
The friend isn't wrong either. All those points are factual.
But you know what else?
Christmas is the only time of the year that some people even hear about Jesus. If a fat man in a suit giving thanklessly to others get people exposed to who God is, so be it.
It's a time to be nice, giving, loving, thoughtful, and joyous.
And I thank God for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment