Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Thoughts

I'm good.
Not perfect, but overall, life is good.
God provides, we are blessed,  and I am surrounded by people I love....most of whom love me back.

Yet, I'm sad. 
I'm sad because I look on the internet and I see a bunch of people who are depressed, anxious, miserable, misguided, sinful, fearful, lost, hopeless, angry, searching.....

God is the answer, Jesus is the way.
The only way. 

And I used to think people like me were weird, carrying it too far, needed a life. I know what people think because I used to think it too.
But now I've found it.
You get a relationship with God,  you accept Christ into your heart and things change. They have to, because you feel a love, a filling up in your heart of all those empty spaces, a healing of scars that only a divine creator could do. 

So when us "Jesus Freaks " want to share what we've found, it's out of love. And I know some go too far, they push. Just because we love God doesn't make us perfect, it just means we acknowledge we need Jesus to be better.  

I guess I'm just struggling. 
With prayer, with myself,  with that perfect balance of sharing what I've found in Christ without running people in the opposite direction.  
Because it's not me, or the church, or anyone else. 
All we can do is share, be an example,  do our best in our day to day life.
The choice,  the softening of the heart and opening of the mind? 
That has to be you. 
And it has be God. 
But you have to be willing. 

There's a picture of Jesus knocking on a door.  
The door has no handle,  no knob, no way to open it from the outside. 
Because you have to open the door. 

Satan barges in, the world barges in..
God waits patiently and with love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment