Thursday, June 3, 2021

Little things

Saw this little guy, put him outside,  mainly because I'm allergic to spider bites. I actually like spiders because they eat the bugs I don't want hanging around.  They're pretty good friends to have around the house. 

I have no clue what these little guys are but this one got in. He's been chilling out on my curtain for a day now. Guess I need to deposit him outside too. 

It's that time of year. We'll open the doors and have bees in the house or some other thing will get inside. I have a lot of plants inside so I never know what I'll find. 

I enjoy it though. 
Except for wasps, them I don't enjoy at all. 
We even have a dedicated cup for taking bugs back outside.  😁

🐛   🐜   🐝   🐞   🦗   🕷   🦋   🦎

So I was offered a job of sorts. Just cleaning, one business,  2 days a week.  
I priced insurance,  I was on board to do it, looking forward to having my own money coming in and contributing to our progress. 

And I can't do it.  
Checked the place out. 
I can do everything but the floors. 
All that mopping would kill my back. 
And I hate it. 

It's not easy, admitting my limitations.  
It hurts, knowing that there are things I just can't do no matter how much I want to.  
It stinks.

But....
How much damage would I do volunteering for something that is so over my head?

I could hurt myself,  I could let down the company,  let down my friend who offered me the job, cost the company time and money looking for someone who could fulfill the obligation.  

My pride, my want to....it's not worth the cost. 
Pride is a heavy family sin. 
Both sides, so much pride.
It's caused nothing but heartache,  trouble, drama, denial.

Pride.
I don't have any,  I don't want any.
I have my work I can do, I have what I can do every day.  God's gift to me is whatever I can do every day to help my husband, kids,  friends.  

And yeah, I wish I could do more.  
I wish a lot of things. 
But I'm grounded in reality. 
I'm grounded by the knowledge that God knows what I'm capable of,  he knows how I can best help, and he'll put people in my path in his time. 
My job, to listen and watch for those moments,  and then act. 

And I'm okay with that. 

In fact, I'm great with that. 😊

So look for your own moments, chances to do something nice, or helpful, or just polite.  
A chance to be of service to someone else with a handshake,  a smile, an open door,  buy them a coffee,  whatever.  

You never know how much little things add up. 

Good day and God bless! 


No comments:

Post a Comment