Saturday, June 12, 2021

It's quiet!

I've had noise of some kind all week. 
I haven't had a minute alone all week. 
I didn't get much sleep Friday morning and I'm still wiped today but better. 

We had a storm front move through and it really got my body going. Muscle pain, nerve pain, joint pain. It's a little lighter today but I am ready for this to be over. 

Muscle relaxer,  nerve meds, pain meds.....not a dent. 
Okay, probably a huge dent and I'd probably be a wailing puddle on the floor if I didn't have them, I have to remind myself that I am blessed even when I don't feel like it. 

Lesson learned. 

It's tough to be grateful when you're not having a good day.  

It's not all bad though.
I got some decent pictures this morning. 

This is an aven bloom. Part of my wildflower seed mix. 

Tons of wild strawberries. 

Fairy fans are starting to bloom.

This big guy was chilling on our door this morning. 

Love my Mexican Petunia blooms. 

Hiekkas sweet little face. He's not a flower, but he's still pretty awesome. 

Okay. We have cats.  Cats kill birds.
We have a nest of starlings in the hollow of this tree.  We were worried they killed the parents. 
As you can see from the pictures,  the parents are alive and well.  Which means the babies are too. 
Good news. 

Unfortunately this will be the last year anything will be nesting here. We're having the silver maple removed and planting a magnolia in its place. 
They're disease resistant,  they're hardy, and they attract birds, squirrels,  and bees.  Most importantly,  they don't have tons of wafting seeds that go literally everywhere!  
We have baby maples growing in our gutters.  No bueno! 

It's going to be nice seeing this place over time as we get things done. A little here, a little there, progress.  

Today I have some cooking to do, a little plant care, a good amount of relaxing,  maybe even a nap. 
Man, a nap sounds amazing!

Ya'll have a wonderful day and God bless you!  ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment