Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Venting

Bill Dear was in an accident and our car is totaled. Our insurance lowballed us, we're having trouble finding good used cars in our price range, and I'm not looking forward to fighting it. 


My foot is not healing like it should, but to be honest,  staying off of it is hard to do.  The last time I tore a tendon I walked on it a year before finally taking care of it. This is why. Down time just isn't an option. I'm working on trying to do better. 

Every time I look at my kids Facebook page I find another dig at my religion,  at my beliefs, at my morals.
And she doesn't talk to me, just the passive aggressive posting. 
It occurred to me:
1: If I didn't look at it I wouldn't know because she certainly hasn't actually tried talking about anything. 
2: It's not my problem. 

I love my kids.
My kids are adults. 
None of us are the same people. 
We all change.

And you know, I like who I am.  
I'm improving, learning, growing,  forgiving, letting go.
I'm not perfect, no one is, but I'm trying.

I won't apologize for that. 
I won't apologize for getting healed either.
Because we weren't having problems until I got healed. 
Until you had to admit that there was a God,  that something happened that wasn't explained any other way. 
So in the face of that you turned your head and started taking it out on me. 
I get it. 
I got healed so it's my fault you have to face your own conflicts, doubts, fears, anger. 

I'm not mad. 
I'm just not chasing things that are out of my control. 

It's hard though.
There's a social stigma that says your kids have to like you or you're a bad parent. 

No one is obligated to like anyone. 
I can love you and not like you.
And vice versa. 
It's okay. 
You grew up with a damaged version of me who made mistakes.  
You're not obligated to be okay with that. 
Just like I'm not obligated to stay that person to make you feel vindicated. 

There's a reason the bible is so big on forgiveness. 
Because the people who damaged you aren't those people anymore. 
For better or worse, they changed. 
For better or worse, so did you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment