Monday, February 6, 2023

Disgruntled

I love God 
I love Jesus 
I love my husband 
I love my kids 
I love my friends 
I love my church family 

And I get frustrated. 
I get down and discouraged. 
I get uncomfortable. 

When you see people doing things that are ungodly, hurtful....you want to say something. You want to help.

I can't. 

If you ask I'll tell you, but you won't listen until you're heart is ready.
Until you are so sick and tired of being sick and tired that truth isn't as painful as what you're sitting in.  

We're all that way to some degree. 

But I was raised a peacemaker and a fixer.  That was wrong. 
God is the only one who can fix you, and he can only work so much in your life until you accept Jesus and his sacrifice.  

"It's my life and I'll do what I want.  As long as I'm happy,  that's all that matters. "

You didn't give yourself life.
You didn't pick out your soul.

It's our creators life, his soul that he picked out for these bodies, this life we have to choose who to follow. 
And if you're not following Christ then you're following death, satan, evil, the world. 

People don't understand why Christians get so adamant about telling our beliefs. 

Because if we don't,  if we don't plant the seed, you might make the wrong choice.
Why would anyone want someone else to die and never be have a chance at heaven?

Hey, I found something awesome and life changing but I'm not going to share it with anyone. 
That isn't love.

But it's tough.
You don't care.
You don't want to hear it.
You don't want to give up your sin because it's fun and comfortable and change is work. 
You don't want to deal with your problems because truth hurts. 

God is cool as long as he's like santa just bringing you everything you want, but the minute you have change....the minute you're the problem.....nah, it's not your thing. 
I see it in church people so often.
It's part of why I turned my back on the church for so long. 

Well folks......
I'm a sinner. 
I fight every day to do what's right and sometimes I fail.
I battle with being honest,  mostly with myself. 
I fight pride and judgment.

The only difference between me and anyone else is that I found Christ. I'm in the same storm you are but I found the tornado shelter. 
No one is better or worse.
Just a little  more lost or a little more found. 

But there are so many people I love that I understand I might not see in the next life.  
People who will never know what it's like to live under Jesus love and protection.  
And it kills me, it hurts my heart.
Because once you know it, you don't know how you ever got this far without it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment