Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Gossip


Talking about your problems or experiences with someone is one thing but we have to be aware of our words.
It's so easy to switch from 
"this person said this and now I'm not sure how to proceed"
 to 
"this person is a such and such, they do this and that all the time and I hate them".

God's been on me about not only not gossiping but not participating by listening either. 
I realize there are times when you can't escape a room or person, but I have to learn how to politely stand my ground.

If you know me you know I don't like confrontations....so speaking up and inviting a fight is tough.

I will not intentionally spread gossip,  and God help me not to do it even when I'm mad or upset. 
Words matter, they can lift up or damage, and they can't be taken back. 

No apology will erase the scars words leave, even if they forgive you they will have to heal....the scar will remain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment