Friday, September 3, 2021

Misery loves company

God didn't create us to be comfortable in sin. 

You know right from wrong.
We all do. 

You do something you shouldn't and you feel guilty, ashamed, depressed,  defensive, combative, angry.

Why?

Because we were created to love, to care, to nurture. 
When our actions go against that we feel bad.  

I'm tired of seeing the world hurt itself.  I'm tired of watching people create groups and drum up support for wrong behavior in the hope that if enough pat them on the back it'll make their actions okay. 

I'm tired of watching the world set itself on fire and wonder why it burns...

So I pray.
I pray for the leaders, I pray for the people I disagree with,  I pray for the people who scare me. I pray for my eyes to be open to my flaws and faults. 

Why?

Because they need God more than anything. 
Because they need guidance,  love, understanding,  enlightenment.  
Because God has powerful,  capable hands. 
Because that's all I can do. 

I'm not a nation changer.
I'm not influential. 
I'm a servant. 

God is the creator.
He doesn't interfere with free will but he can change circumstances, he can teach. 

That's my prayer.
That he makes a sweeping change in the world. 
That we wake up out of this apathetic state and really see what we've become.  

No comments:

Post a Comment