Friday, July 1, 2022

Unpopular opinion

You know what an unpopular opinion is? 
Your opinion if it isn't shared by the people around you at the moment. 

"I'll kick you out of my life for not agreeing with me "
"You're just a pos if you don't think like I do "

I've seen these statements everywhere since Roe v Wade got overturned. 
I've seen conservative bashing, Christian bashing.
Funny, in Islam abortion is illegal and I don't see the Muslims being bashed. 

I'm tired of the hate.
I'm sick of morals being bad.
I'm done with your opinion being better than mine because it's yours. 

We are not our own personal God's. 
We do not get to dictate what other people believe. 
We only have power over us. 

And looking at the hate, malice, manipulation,  and emotional blackmail coming from some...

It wipes all the good away about you.
It makes your ugly stick out like a boil.

Ya'll,  we have to be careful about what we put out in the world. 
Just because your on your phone talking to a screen doesn't mean you aren't responsible for what you say.

It's different though.
It's a screen.
You don't have to see the hurt in someone's eyes. 
You don't have to be careful or thoughtful.
You don't think about relationships that might end.

You just put your heart out there; all the toxic, angry, hurtful, ugly little things crawling around in your heart. 

I'm sorry you hate me for thinking different from you.
I'm sorry you want me gone because I see the world from different experiences than you. 

I'm sad that it's not okay to be different anymore unless the media says so, unless your favorite tik tokker says so, unless your friends say so. 

I know you don't think like me.
The difference? 
I can love you anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment