Wednesday, August 11, 2021

On my mind

Travel.
Growing up we never went anywhere.  No vacations, no trips. We moved to South Dakota for a year and that was it. It's like the world didn't exist outside of our lives. 
I met my husband and he showed me places I didn't know I wanted to see. Things I didn't know existed. (This was before internet). 
It opened up my mind. Other people,  cultures,  environments,  cuisine.  It made me feel small in a good way because I realized how much I didn't know,  how much I was missing.  
I love to learn.  
New bugs, new plants,  name it. If it's new and I'm introduced to it I'll learn a little about it just out of curiosity.  
It's fun. 
Back in 09 we were in Quapaw geocaching when the tornado went through. 
Finger of God. 
I understand why it's called that. 
Nothing is so beautiful,  so powerful.  It makes you feel powerless,  small, in awe. 
At least for me, it kind of put me in my place so to speak. 
I'm probably never going to make my goal of seeing the world, at least not in this life. It's a goal, God willing I'll see a lot of it. 
We have technology now, I can be anywhere,  walking the streets,  on a satellite map. 
I don't need a big, heavy encyclopedia to learn about different cultures. 

How amazing is that? 
God has gifted us with a place in the world where we can be closer, learn more, experience more than ever before. 
You can travel anywhere in the world from your couch, no money and plane tickets required. 
You can learn an international recipe and cook it for dinner on a whim. 

To me, that fact is like watching that tornado.  I'm so small, there's so much,  and my time is so limited.  

God is good, life is awesome,  and I hope this day finds you blessed instead of stressed.  ❤🏵❤

No comments:

Post a Comment