Saturday, March 4, 2023

Missing


Crocuses are blooming.  
Such a short life they have.
Much like us.

There is a small hole in my heart where someone used to be.
A special someone,  who was very close to me.
They went left, I went right.
No common ground was in our sight.
But then I saw
Like the wing of a dove 
Something floating down
It looked like love
And then I knew 
No matter what might happen 
I would always have 
That connection 

I can't deny my principles,  morals, or senses.
Everything inside me is screaming, warning bells, that someone I love dearly is heading down a long, lonely,  rough road.  
And I can't go down that road with them. 
And that's okay. 
Because I might not be there, but my love will be, God's love will be. 
They might not call his name but I can stand in the gap and call on him for them, every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment