♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
"God must not love _____ because they suffer."
We suffer because of our choices, because of the choices of others. It's called consequences.
What is the point of free will if God cleans up all your messes? He's not a genie, not Santa Claus.
God doesn't bring bad on anyone. We do that just fine all by ourselves. God uses the bad we do to perform good for others and us through lessons. Lessons that will hopefully teach us to do better.
An old roommate of ours passed away the other day. We had a falling out over his drug use and hadn't spoken in years. I know when our friendship ended he left us a tortured soul with little happiness.
Come to find out he turned his life around. He learned, cleaned up, became a beacon for others who were suffering.
That's Gods work. That's what he does. He gives us chance after chance to turn the bus around.
I guess it's hard for me to understand the "genie" concept because if you look at God as a parent, you get it, so clearly.
You love your kids, you want them to be happy and healthy. You also know they're going to be stupid. You teach them but you also have to discipline them. You have to let them serve detention or work off that broken window, ground them from the wifi.
If you never make them see the results of their actions they'd be horrid people.
As parents we instinctively understand this, yet expect different from God.
I always grew up hearing " if you truly have faith that God can move mountains, the mountains will move". What they don't say is that it has to be God's will. He's not going to move a mountain and possibly kill thousands just because you want to show off your faith.
We tend to apply that to everything, if I believe God will cure this or give me that it'll happen and if it doesn't he's not real.
God is a perfect parent, if you don't give your child everything they want out of concern for their wellbeing, how much more will he care for you?
I'm not a perfect Christian. There's no such thing. We're all winging it, doing our best. We're saved through Christ, not ourselves.
I yell at baseball games and traffic. I get constantly reminded by someone that " that's not a very Christian thing to say".
No, and I'm working on it, and I'll never be perfect. No amount of work will make me a saint.
I am saved by Gods grace alone.
We all are.
I guess what I'm getting at is that if you look at God through the eyes of a parent, he makes a lot more sense. Maybe we're given children so we have a better understanding of God.
We would give our children the world, and sometimes the best thing we can give them is "No".
Food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment