Had a lot of pretty heavy stuff to think about today.
I am not who I was yesterday, let alone in my youth. That person is dead, this is me, a new person every day when I wake up.
Why?
Experience, learning, growing, admitting my mistakes and my faults.
If you can't face the truth you'll never grow. Period.
So what about the people in my life who refuse to grow, change, or admit their faults?
I'm having to learn the art of letting go. Of people, of my self imposed duty to them, of the concept that if I try hard enough they'll get the hint.
I'm not God, and even God won't force anything on anyone.
I have no obligation and no right.
I can pray, I can feel bad for them, I can move and speak if God tells me to...
But they have to want it.
As frustrating as it is for me, I'm trying to imagine how hard it is for God.
He made us.
He knows the choices we're going to make, he knows if we'll reject him....and yet he spends our whole life trying to get through to us.
Knowing.
He is divine, I am not.
It's okay to remember the hurts people cause us because it allows us to learn and protect ourselves.
It's good to forgive because the bitterness of unforgiveness only ruins us....not the people we hold a grudge against.
It's okay to let go, to create distance and boundaries.
It's okay to say "you're not healthy for me ".
It's okay to get tired of someone's actions.
Common sense huh?
Not so much when it's clouded with obligations, duties, false guilt, condemnation.
Most things are simple once you cut out all the garbage we cover things in.
I would rather someone distance themselves from me if I was hurting them in some way than know that being around me was causing them problems.
It's called love.
Even basic love for humanity will not allow you to enjoy someone else's pain.
Others may not have that love for me, doesn't mean I can't have that love for myself.
Every day I wake up a new creation, new in christ, different from the day before.
God willing I will always wake up better, or at least not worse.
And that's how my morning has been, lol.
Lots to ponder, lots of praying, lots of thanking God.
Ya'll have a wonderful day and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment